Points to cover:
- Carnival brings us a sense of joy. A place where we celebrate life. I think life is also like a carnival and something should be celebrated and not regimented, unless for some boundaries.
- There are many facets of a carnival which are very inviting for children.
The history of education and childhood :
- children grew up in extended families
- children would have free time and then they would go and observe how things heppen
- they would help the elders, while they work on the projects
How to present same scenario in modern time
- same is not really possible, but once we understand what is exactly happening we can slowly reach there.
- Brinnging real professional adults
- Literacy and learning happens as they live life, not for learning itself
- Preapring for exams as a different skill set
- Most natural way of learning.
Some “stalls” we can have –
- Art section
- Movie room
- Farming / gardening / play area
- water conservation
- fish breeding
- open big country models etc
- Meeting/presentations / auditorium (tedtalks)
Lots of open space, some rooms to store stuff and shed model.
Adults coming in and working on projects,
- Travel programs and traveling iteniaries
- can start without a building using some rented room or empty plot with shipping containers storage areas.
- Library is a MUST, workshop/art is a must.
- Balance in age groups.
- small common
- The experts can come in some times, and whenever possible, they get workspace to work on these projects,
- the bulletin and schedule can be followed to connect and attend those workshops. and take it from there.