A child goes 14 years of his life in an institution, that costs not only time but also a great deal of money.
Most people send their children to school for compliance and social norms. Because if schools were not mandated and popular, i doubt if so many parents would still send them to mainstream schools like they do now.
If you really stop and think, here i will take example of a typical student in india :
sending a child to School – costs:
- Transport fees for 14 years- 1000 per month on average = 2 lakh rupees
- textBooks cost – 10000 per year = approx 2 lakh rupees
- school fees – 1 lakh per year = 12 lakh rupees
Now, if you put this in bank,
The time cost
- At least
Cost of health/mental and physical
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of proper nutrition and food when he wants it
- Lack of real intimate meaningful relationships
- What is it that your child will really miss if he does not go to school?
- What will your child gain if he does not goes to school!