I saw this movie about Ramanujam the famous Indian mathematician
Key take aways from the film:
- He struggles with other subjects. And fails in exams except for maths.
- He is not liked by teachers and asked to leave classrooms.
- He is not very comfortable in classrooms as much as self study
- his interest in maths was incited by a book that he self read when he was 15 year old – this is a perfect example of how
- schools don’t celebrate geniuses
- the exam system expects to be good at everything
while this is a famous case, but most children feel the same way.